Thursday 4 May 2017

Harry Styles Talks About Sweet Creature with Zach Sang

The interview with Zach Sang is really interesting. Unfortunately, it has been removed from YouTube.
Here are some excerpts.

Harry about 'Sweet Creature":

·       ·         Interviewer: Harry, was Sweet Creature written about a specific person?
·         Harry: *deep breath* um...in my opinion, I think most songs are written for one listener, in my personal opinion, in the way that I think, you know, people write books, they probably write them for one reader. and uhm...yeah I think it's a really amazing way of being able to say something to someone that, maybe they'll never know it's about them, maybe there's one thing in there that only they will know is about them. I think it's...you know like I said it's so much easier to say something in a song than it is to say it to someone. and I think it's...it's really amazing to be able to communicate through that and be able to wrap up everything you want to say in three and a half minutes and say it in a song.
·         Interviewer: for lack of, not like, really wanting to analyze your art right, you kind of said without saying that this song is kind of about somebody right? You had a message that you were looking to convey. Who makes you feel at home?
·         Harry: I think that's fair...I think that's a fair um...acknowledgement yeah
·         Interviewer: So does this person know that the song is written about them?
·         Harry: .....um...I actually don't know. I think the thing that's important to remember is it's not always necessarily...um...the first thing that you might think of but I obviously...would never...tell someone that what they thought was wrong. I think the best thing about music is that everyone can take away different things from stuff--
·         Interviewer: different to every ear!
·         Harry: --and that's not wrong, there's not really a wrong answer. I feel like a lot of my favourite songs that mean something to me, I'd be disappointed if someone told me they were about something else, it might ruin the song for me, so, uhm yeah I think Sweet Creature is definitely about one person but uh...yeah I think it's important to remember that there's many different types of things that it could be about you know a person...yeah you know what I mean? That an answer?

Harry with a fan, baby Ruby
n      
         Harry about making the album:
          “I’ve always loved the touring part of working in music and I’ve always loved performing so much. The last few One Direction records we made kind of on the road in between shows which was amazing obviously for different reasons. I think this time not rushing and having the chance to really immerse myself in the process and feel like I was learning a lot as it was happening… I really felt like I fell in love with the other side of music. I really felt like I loved being in the studio every day and working on stuff and trying to work stuff out that I know I don’t understand as well as other people. It was really fun to just kind of learn as we were going. If I’m honest, I fell in love with the studio side. It feels like something that I now love. I’m now writing more than I ever have before, and I’m playing more than I ever have before. It’s cool to kind of be in a place where I just love writing and am writing all the time. Makes me excited for the next one.

        Harry about writing:
        “I’m always writing. I don’t think I’m writing right now kind of going ‘Oh this is for this and this is for this.’ I think the thing that I learned a lot about the process this time was there would be songs that I love that I would absolutely love to put out that just didn’t feel right for this first album. It’s cool to kind of feel like, ‘This is something I would love to say… maybe I don’t want to say it right now but I can just keep it.’ And that’s really cool.”

       Harry about his tour:
       “I think it’s my first album, my first tour, and I’m gonna be playing some amazing venues that a lot of my favorite artists have played. I just wanted to go and play these songs for some fans who wanted to come watch and listen. I’m very much looking forward to it.”

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment