Sunday 14 May 2017

Harry for The Sunday Times Magazine

  • Yes, he is gorgeous: expressive, boyish face; gentle demeanor; impeccable manners. But without wishing to dent his heartthrob status, I’m not sure the nagging urge I have to take him home with me is desire. I think I want him as my son.
  • The last thing Harry Styles does before he goes to bed each night is send himself an email listing what he’s doing the next day. ‘Even if it’s really boring, like ‘9am: coffee’. If you have no plans, you’re at a loss sometimes. I find it difficult to drift.’

  •  He has brought two phones with him — one for personal use (it has a screensaver of his baby goddaughter on it) and a pink one to play me his new album. Though just 23, he is already godfather to three kids.

  • His smile returns when I ask him about the other three members of the band. “Everyone’s working so much at the moment, but I’ve seen them and we’ve hung out.”
  How many times has he been in love?
“I don’t know. I don’t know how you define it, so it’s tough [to answer], right?”
I think you know when it happens …
“Well, that’s what they say.” He laughs awkwardly and reaches for the pink phone. “Erm, do you want to hear another song?”
 “Honestly, I’m probably going to vote for whoever is against Brexit.”
Wow, a media-groomed star giving an opinion on something vaguely controversial. Why is he so anti-Brexit? “I’m not educated enough on the subject to really go toe-to-toe with someone about it, but disregarding the economic stuff and all of that, I think what it symbolises is the opposite of the world I would like to be in. I think the world should be more about being together and being better together and joining together, and I think it’s the opposite of that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment