Wednesday 1 November 2017

Harry in London on 30th October

The Eventim Apollo
MUNA










  “Can we have the lights up for a second please? The support that you have shown me through the years and since the single came out, since the album came out, from the bottom of my heart, I have been overwhelmed, so thank you so much. Thank you for coming tonight. Thank you for everything that you have done for me. As I said earlier, I don’t get to do this, and ah, thank you. I have had a wonderful time. Have you had a good time so far? The last thing is that, I ah, I know (stops as the crowd starts to chant Kiwi, Kiwi) You’re gonna have to be a little louder than that, but please, keep going. (Crowd keeps chanting, Harry waits a full 30 seconds) I mean, who am I to not do it? I’m gonna pretend for a second that we’re not gonna do it again. Quick thing - ah, as some of you may have seen, I almost slipped. Um, it appears there was an actual kiwi thrown on stage. And, ah, that was the problem. There was a green slippery mush on the floor - oh, there’s another one. This is - this could end up being a problem. If anyone else brought any fruit to the show - anyone else bring fruit? - no? Shame on you! Ok. Are you ready? (crowd ramps up the screaming) (Harry milks it some more) I am gonna mop up this Kiwi, because I am going to slip. I can still slip , but that’s fine. DO YOU WANT IT? “
At least a dozen people collapsed and had to be lifted out by security:
  “On a serious note, I would like to say… it takes a lot of courage to come to shows these days, and you have absolutely no idea how much it means to me that you are here tonight. Thank you so much, every single one of you. I am so proud to get to perform in front of such an amazing group of people. Truly, I’m honoured to be in your presence. Thank you so much. This is ‘Sign of the Times’.


Styles is doing a fine job of reinventing himself as a credible young artist - a serious feat to achieve for anyone with his level of fame - and it’s clear that he’s only just getting started.
— 
Harry Styles Live on Tour: London Concert Review by Roisin O'Connor for The Independent

No comments:

Post a Comment