Friday 1 December 2017

"Miss You"

Louis Tomlinson has just released his new song "Miss You".

“At one point I realised I really missed this person and I wanted to write a song about that.

So talk to me about this song Miss You. Nick Grimshaw talks to Louis about his new release. BBC Radio 1. 1st December, 2017:
“I’m loads more excited about the sonic and the way it sounds, this song, because I think that’s what was good about the collaborations, y'know, Steve Aoki and Bebe Rexha. With the Steve song I could branch off and do something a little more dancey, and then Bebe, something a little more urban - I’m talking production-wise. So it’s been really nice with this song to just, like, put, y'know, loads of heavy guitars on there, and bring the live elements back and, ah, it’s got that, it’s got, like, a big anthemic pop chorus, and I’ve been missing that kind of structure, really, and it’s kind of a similar structure, production-wise that we used with the band - y'know, guitar driven pop - and I’m really excited about it. I’m really confident about the sound of the song and I’m really confident singing it, so I’m in a good place. I’m really excited for everyone to hear it.”
Hugh McIntyre for Forbes Magazine:  “Miss You” is surprisingly rocky for a musician who seemed eager to leave guitars in the past and move on to electronic dance and pop. The track is almost pop-punk, but it’s not cool enough to truly fit into that genre, despite Tomlinson’s insistence on swearing so frequently that Spotify labeled the tune explicit. It’s slightly edgier than the rockier songs produced during One Direction’s time together, but he’s still a pop singer at heart, and you can hear that in his delivery (…) The final product is still a lot of fun, and the music and songwriting still make this a worthwhile listen… if not something you’d mosh to.
Louis on when to start celebrating Christmas: “It does irritate me when you get some people absolutely chomping at the bit at the end of October, and they’re like, “Well, maybe we could start-” No, no. I like start of December, then you can get your tree, then you can start playing Mariah every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment